San Rafael es la principal mina productora de estaño en Sudamérica y la cuarta a nivel mundial. Está ubicada en la región Puno, en la cordillera oriental de los Andes, a 4,500 msnm.
Anddes contributes to the success of the San Rafael project by:
- Review and analysis of topographic control information on the levees of the Bofedal II and III tailings.
- Dimensioning and cost estimation of tailings reservoir boundary channels.
- Design and geotechnical research of the acid water plant.
- Intervention in the pipes of the 185-PU-005 A/B pumping system for precipitation at high pH and diversion of a new line to the 185-TK-001 neutralisation tank.
- Detailed engineering of the B2 tailings reservoir drainage basin and the B3 tailings reservoir transfer system.
- Supervision of perforations, execution of calicatas, DPLs and performance of laboratory tests.
- Geotechnical analysis of the foundations of the facilities of the tin plant.
- Supervision of exploratory and geotechnical drilling in tailings, and execution of SPT tests and laboratory tests.
- Evaluation of the geomechanical and hydrogeological characteristics along the access tunnel to Nazareth and updating of the Nazareth profile study.
- Field visit for the inspection of cracking in the Bofedal Dam 2.5.
- Evaluation of the physical, chemical and structural stability of dams: Suytococha, Suyrococha, Chicacocha, Estancococha and Yanacocha.
- Design of three piezometers to be installed on the crest of the Suytococha and Chicacocha dams.
- Detailed engineering of the spillway systems of the San Rafael lagoons dams.
- Verification of the physical stability of the dams of the Estancococha, Suytococha, Chicacocha, Suyrococha and Yanacocha lagoons, and analysis of the structural reinforcement of each of them.
- Registry engineer services to provide guidance, review, verification of the development and growth of the components of the mining unit, update of manuals, and increase of the base line of the components according to the MAC.
- Dams of the lagoons Estantococha, Chicacocha, Suytocohca, Suyrococha and Yanacocha.
- Electromechanical supervision of the reconstruction work of the building of zarandas.
- Preparation of the technical file for adjustments to the B3 tailings dam (castling and waterproofing) and updating of the tailings transport system, for the construction and operation permit by means of ITM.