Next Wednesday, June 17, the webinar “Safety review of tailings dams” will be held by Carlos Iparraguirre, Senior Hydrological Engineer from Anddes and Carlos Huamán, Senior Geotechnical Engineer from Anddes.
Webinar on the tailings dam safety review process according to the CDA guide (2016).
To register for the webinar, go to the following link: https://bit.ly/30CTCG4
We share the topics that we will discuss:
1. Guides on dam safety
2. Review of information and identification of gaps
3. Understanding the failure consequence classification
4. Establishment of security criteria for evaluation
5. Understanding of the physical system of the dam and of the
6. Site inspection and staff interviews
7. Verification of documentation and records
8. Confirmation of the operation of critical equipment
9. Performance evaluation based on surveillance
10. Hazard identification, failure modes and controls
11. Identification of findings and safety assessment of the dam
12. Recommendations for actions and priorities